Pages

Saturday, June 18, 2011

I couldn't move...

It was a rainy day. And as I walked from the muddy lane to the rain-wet pitched street,you came along.I had waited for you for six long days. 

You asked me a ride and  I agreed invariably. And through the lane,through streets and then on the highway,among the shower we rode along. A long way we had and it was only spring.Dreaming of the seasons,the months,the years we rode along.

I was scared. Scared of the speed,the speed breakers and the sudden brakes. But you made me hold you tight. Assured that we would never fall. " we will be going smooth dear"you said.. I knew you drive well.

But when with some random children coming our way,and you pressed the brakes really hard, we fell down,without helmets.You were still holding my hand.With bleeding heads,knees,we lay on the crowded street. I couldn't move.I saw you getting up,in pain.but I couldn't move. You pulled me, asked me to stand up. I could hear you, but couldn't move. You were in tears,pulled me again.I lay still,couldn't move. 
You pressed my hand once , left it, let it fall...you walked away....
I screamed in vain, no voice came out..you walked away..I couldn't move .

6 comments:

  1. Liked ur way of expression..u carried it well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i couldn't move expression is haunting

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ eleven-thanx

    @ polo-this is Coleridge's influence

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a gloomy one :( y such a sad post????? but one thing I liked is the way of expressing things like "....Scared of the speed,the speed breakers and the sudden brakes..."

    Well written..pls lets have a peaceful ending next time!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanx kally :)...sometimes life does become gloomy...moreover sometimes we need bitterness in our sweet life :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very informative, keep posting such good articles, it really helps to know about things.

    ReplyDelete